Are You Concerned About Your Own or Someone Else's Gambling? We are committed to helping you gamble responsibly. In order to enjoy the facilities at Grand Portage Lodge & Casino, you need to ensure that you don't gamble beyond your means.
20 Important Questions
Only you can decide if you are being irresponsible about gambling. If gambling is causing continuing problems in any facet of your life, the following questions may be of help to you:
- Did you ever lose time from work due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever borrow to finance gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself and your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self destruction as a result of your gambling?
If you answered "yes" to at least seven of these questions you may want to contact a problem gambling treatment service.
Problem Gambling Helplines
Toll-free, Confidential, Anonymous
Open 24 hours